
The old brick building with distinctive Turkestan architecture, located opposite the Central Park (formerly Telman Park), is well known to Tashkent residents.
Many remember it as the
location of the Faculty of Industrial and Civil Construction of the Polytechnic
Institute.
The building was
constructed in 1909 by G. M. Svarichevsky’s design for the Technical Railway
School named after Heir Tsesarevich Alexei Nikolaevich.
After the revolution, it
housed a party workers’ school and several faculties of Turkestan
University—until the third floor was added to the current Westminster
University building.
During the war, an
evacuation center and hospital were set up in the building.
After the war, it hosted
a department for training construction personnel, and later—the construction
faculty of the Polytechnic Institute.
Currently, the building
houses the Banking and Finance Academy.

Many Tashkent residents are familiar with the two tall lattice towers located not far from Fargona...

Opened in 1972, the Main Department Store (GUM) is an exemplary combination of functionality and m...

The Youth Creativity Palace is an architectural complex built in 2008 on the initiative of Islam K...

In 1894, the first real school was opened in Tashkent. These schools were called "real" because, un...