
In 1901, the Treasury Chamber received its own building, specially constructed by architect V. S. Heinzelman.
The building is located
at the intersection of Istiqbol Street (formerly Kuibysheva and Kuylukskaya)
and Istiqlol Street (formerly Khorezm).
During the Soviet era, a
third floor with beautiful tent-like roofs was added, which were later
lost.
After the revolution,
various organizations were housed in the building, including the Central
Committee of the Communist Party (Bolsheviks) of Uzbekistan (after the capital
was moved to Tashkent), and later—the Presidium of the Academy of Sciences and
the Museum of the History of the Peoples of Uzbekistan.
Currently, the building
houses the "Sogʻlom Avlod Uchun" Foundation and preparatory courses
for university applicants.
The distinctive buildings of the Bogkucha housing estate were designed by architects G. Korobtsev, ...

The “Zarafshan” restaurant was built in 1974 and immediately became one of the most popular spots a...

Mustaqillik Square acquired its main features after the 1966 earthquake, when the former Red Square...
The “Friendship of Peoples” museum building was constructed in 1976 to mark the tenth anniversary o...